I strongly believe that beauty comes from the inside. A healthy mind, body and soul will help you achieve everything you have always dreamt of. In saying that, I'm so excited to welcome you all to my blog and have dedicated my very first post to something that’s close to my heart & at some stage in our lives, every woman suffers from – bad skin.
We all aim to have gorgeous glowing skin, 365 days of the year. However, there are many factors that cause our skin to break out. Life happens and I’m the first to acknowledge that when I’m stressed out, so is my skin.
For those of you who don’t know me - I have good skin. The detection of one pimple causes me the slightest of anxiety. When you work in the beauty industry, you always aim to try and look your best no matter what, and looking your best often comes from feeling your best. When your skin isn’t clear, this can often have negative affects on the way you feel.
While make up can work many wonders, including covering the pimple, it can't take away the bump. So here are some of my top tips to achieving and maintaining a glowing skin and clean canvas for your make up.
- 2 Litres of water a day is a definite must. This will keep your skin hydrated & flush out all the negative toxins.
- Suncream, suncream, suncream! Everyday rain or shine. Even on those days when you don’t think there is any sun, the slightest ray of light can cause wrinkles and ageing. Im loving the BioNike Sun Defence range available at Dischem at the very reasonable price of R125.00.
- Eat Clean. Cut down on the sugar, wheat & alcohol intake and up the veg, protein and organic products (when possible) .
- Stress Less. Stress is one of life’s biggest problems. It causes our hormones to go crazy leaving the effect of pimples.
- Exfoliate your skin at least twice a week and apply a mask to sooth your skin. The grainier the exfoliator the more it will sink into your pores. I'm loving Freemans Pink Grapefruit Exfoliating Mask and Freemans Cucumber Peel Off Mask available for R16.95 at Dischem
- Always remove your make up properly before you go to bed or reapply. Do a double wash by using a make up wipe and then your cleansing products to wash off the excess. I swear by Johnson & Johnson Baby wipes & Bioderma Sensibio H20 make up remover for R159.95. All available at Dischem.
- Go for regular monthly facials - they'll help cleanse your face while offering a relaxing environment for your mind and soul.
- Sleep. Try for your 8 hours of beauty sleep every night.